View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
It's not an unfounded attack, rather it is based on empirical evidence, as opposed to what you are promoting. I really don't feel it is my job to re-educate people in basic empirical facts. As I said, I normally don't care if people espouse unscientific views, but it becomes my problem when it might cause genuine harm, like in this case. If I got your drift, you are promoting a raw vegan diet, which is the worst kind a human can have and is genuinely dangerous. People have died or suffered horribly because they were forced to eat a raw vegan diet, children in particular. People have gone to jail over forcing this on their kids and killing them in the process, so you'd better get off your high horse. I will always speak out forcefully against propaganda that causes genuine harm. I am equally scathing about the anti-vaccine movement for the same reason, if you want to go there.

Yea, some people get strange eating ideas in their heads, but most (probably all) raw foodies go back to cooking food, and a vast majority of vegans go back to consuming animal products. You see, these eating ways are not realistically sustainable (for several reasons), and the error of 'diet idealism' is it neglects the first and foremost important consideration: What are the healthy ways of eating an individual can adhere to for the rest of their lives? If that requisite is not met, the diet doesn't 'work'.

(Of course by 'healthy ways of eating' I mean consuming adequate calories with a complete nutrient profile).