View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I wouldn't cite a government funded high school biology textbook as the greatest source of factual information, but in there you will probably hopefully see that it is simple truth that the body must break down proteins into individual amino acids before it can even begin to use them.

Yes that is true of all dietary protein including plant sources.

Quote:
I don't trust that you have done much in-depth research on the facts in question and you're just repeating what the government and your parents and school and society told you to believe and not think about... I don't appreciate your unfounded attack on my post but you're welcome to attempt to back up what you're insinuating point by point if you're capable.. What I've said is the truth whether it jives with what you grew up believing or not.. I grew up believing the same b s that you did I imagine, but I decided to dig for the truth and thankfully I found a lot of it..

I think the point is, one has to be aware of their personal biases or they'll regard bias confirmation as the truth.

Quote:
you have no reason to discount what I say and accuse me as you have so rudely. it's not vegan propaganda though your use of that phrase is very telling.. this is information based on deep realistic science and common sense, neither of which the government would allow concentrated in high school textbooks.. but some of the facts are simple, like parts of the human digestion process and how difficult or easy it is to digest certain foods and how the lymphatic system handles what isn't assimilated through basic digestion. tell me what you know about it NoOne

The issue with your source of information regards to how people can use facts to misrepresent the truth. The people who learn nutrition are across all the information and understand how no research results standing alone are 'true', but the entire breadth of research enables quite a nuanced understanding.