View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
I don't completely understand sleep paralysis. I have a theory based on my own brief experience of it -which worked for me, at the time, but of course everyones' experiences are different.
It only happened once to me. The first out of body experience I'd ever had. I just felt completely locked and couldn't understand why! Because I was hearing weird twanging/buzzing/humming noises I did think there might be an electrical fault where I was living at the time, and urgently wanted to get up to check it out! But I couldn't move one inch!
Part of my thoughts had already accepted that I was going out of body....but part of my thoughts I suppose were against it, as it was the weirdest thing ever....so I feel that was the reason why I got locked.
The only thing that got me out of that peculiar feeling of not being able to move, was letting go, and allowing myself to "rise out of my body" (which I did, even though at the time I was still concerned about the possible electrical fault and also convinced that if I went out -that was it -I was "dying".)
So I just let go and let myself go out and there was no more paralysis.
I began to think that the cause of the paralysis was me, not being able to make up my mind which way to go. Which state to fully identify with. As soon as I made a distinct and strong choice, that was it. It ended.

I wonder if it happens when we catch ourselves in between the physical and the astral, and yet are still identifying with the physical body? (which is not functional at that moment as it is sleeping!)

I can imagine it being more of a terrifying issue in people who may know nothing about out of body experiences, or maybe in people to whom it's happening for the first time. Can you imagine that happening and you've never even heard of OBEs or astral travel....it must be so surreal.

Then there are those who have scary events happen when in that state. I don't know why that sometimes happens. It didn't in my case (unless the sure knowledge that you are "dying" can be counted as a scary experience....LOL!)