Thread: Important
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2006, 03:30 AM
Pounamu

I must say I'm inclined more and more to the idea that Private Messages are meant to be private, and should not be revealed. I think really the main reason to do so is to "back up" a moderator's view or determination of a case; and I believe that moderators should have vested in them the right to make decisions as they in their wisdom and responsibility see fit, with that decision accepted by all as being under the rules, with no arguments allowed, no back-up evidence needed. And if the rules are detailed and explicit, I don't see that there could be any argument.

A moderator is essentially "holding the boundaries" of the forum; to facilitate this process, we should all get behind the moderators and accept that "what they say, goes". Only if a large number of obviously wonky decisions are made, should the suitability of the moderator be questioned; they have been honoured with that job for their observed fairness, integrity and suitability, and in my opinion they should be assisted by our co-operation as much as we can.