View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Master
Fish Day 8 Maya - The Universe in Play

Today Sri Vasudeva gave a recap of the week's messages so I'm going to give a recap of my week's sharings:

Day 1 Day1 Maya - the dream realities
Day 2 Day 2 Investigating the nature of Consciousness
Day 3 Day 3 Consciousness as Essence, Immanent & Transcendent
Day 4 Day 4 Only the Changeless is Real; more tips! - continued
Day 5 Day 5 Our True Self is Boundless and Free
Day 6 Day 6 The Super-sensory Joy of the Self
Day 7 Day 7 "In Essence We are One"

My posts are not an abstract of his writings, more the fluctuations I am going through as I process what is happening to me as he takes us through a multi-dimensional experience that works on all of my chakras in various ways.

Today for instance he spoke about the five cosmic powers in the play of Maya: creation, sustenance, dissolution, concealment, and grace. It's the grace one I'm most interested in. So I ignore the rest. Anyone who wants to know about the others needs to listen to his talk as I'm not here to give you the fast-food version.

Sri Vasudeva said that he has been chanting selected verses of the Sri Guru Gita scripture (from a core section of 352 sutras in the latter portion of the Skanda Purana) that he says explains very clearly the technique of using the Guru to get out of the Maya into that wisdom space of seeing clearly in order to master oneself and the Maya:
Quote:
"Guru Gita is a marvellous text that explains to you how to relate to that one who can take us out of the Maya. It says very clearly that one is beyond the Maya: Dvandvātītam gaganasadrśam – beyond the duality as vast as the sky; Brahmānandam paramasukhadam – the one who lives in that joyous bliss of Self and is the bestower of happiness (v.89). The Guru Gita says look at where the master lives, look carefully! And it says to pattern yourself after the master. It says that by meditating on where the master really is and where the master is really operating from, you’ll become the master!...That’s why I’ve chanted that since 1975. That has become my favourite scripture or song... It is the song of the master, the wise one," Sri Vasudeva 4/2/17
I had a look at my translation of verse 89 where it reads:
Quote:
"I bow to the Sadguru, who is the bliss of Brahman and the bestower of the highest joy. He is absolute. He is knowledge personified. He is beyond duality, (all pervasive) like the sky, and the object of (the great Upanishadic statement) “Thou art That”. He is one. He is eternal. He is pure. He is steady. He is witness of all thoughts. He is beyond all modifications (of mind and body) and free from the three gunas." Nectar of Chanting, SYF transl.
But Sri Vasudeva is giving us its truest, its deeper meaning:
"By meditating on where the master really is and where the master is really operating from, you’ll become the master!"

WHERE THE MASTER IS,
not the master
The master is the message, he roles models to us what means to live in that pure space of the self-realized "I" and clear seeing of the awakened "eye". But the true Guru is not the physical person as he teaches over and over again. The True Guru is the power of God within, manifesting as Kundalini, that is the true Self or Krishna or Christ or Buddha within all of us. And to push aside all these prejudiced preconceptions that have come from all these religions, what this is really all about is getting into the TRANSCENDENTAL SPACE OF THE MASTER.

THAT SPACE IS THE TRUE HOME OF THE TRUE GURU.
So Guru in its most splendid, cosmic sense, is neither a person nor an energy but a CONSCIOUSNESS - and a consciousness that transports the soul into a new SPACE that is beyond the dimensions.

Never ever take scripture literally. Otherwise it is just another manifestation of Maya. The truth is in the experience. No one can hand it to you on a silver plate. You have to work for it.

This much I know.