View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Knower
Julia Swanson:
Quote:
The autumn equinox (today!) is very tied in with the Nine Nights of Mother Divine of the Vedic tradition. They don't always literally coincide, but when they do as in this year, the message seems even more powerful: "The autumn equinox symbolizes the principles of inner death and descent in the process of enlightenment. It reveals that in order to change, we must firstly face the darkness of our own inner underworld, and descend with the aid of our spiritual Mother to fight the ego and evil within, to emerge with the light and knowledge extracted from darkness [at the winter solstice]..."

Happy Navratri Necromancer and all !

Equinox today as well. Adding to the transition of energies at this point...

The first three days of Navratri is dedicated to Durga/kali the slayer of negativities and obstacles.
First day I felt excited. Then typically comes up a lot of negativities and issues to deal with. 2nd day of Navratri yesterday was for me filled of negativies and depression. This was actually expected as I felt it before during other years when the Shakti stirs up things in you for elimination.

Today it's gone and feeling upbeat...

Tomorrow starts focus on Lakshmi...

https://www.kalimandir.org/worship-of-shakti/
Quote:
Navaratri and its Significance

During Navaratri the whole of India adores the Mother and worships Her with great devotion. (Dussara, Durga Puja and Navaratri are one and the same.) On the first three nights, Durga or the destructive aspect of the Mother is worshipped. On the succeeding three nights it is the creative aspect, or Lakshmi, that is adored. On the last three nights the knowledge aspect, or Sarasvati, is invoked. The tenth day is “Vijaya-dasami day” or the “day of Victory”.

There is a special significance in this arrangement. When the Devi is worshipped by a devotee in this order, as Durga She first destroys the evil propensities that lurk in his mind. Then, as Lakshmi, She implants therein the divine qualities conductive to spiritual unfoldment. Then, as Sarasvati, She bestows true knowledge on him.