View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverSpice
Yes ...I would just practice with what you have ...learn your energy and follow your intuition ... attending Reiki Shares is a great way to learn with others & get experience ...there is no problem learning from a different teacher/master and there are many ways to learn; but attunements are necessary along the way for each level - and that will require a master (self attunements are controversial but I have heard of them) ...I have learned a lot simply by doing, reading & discussing ...sharing. If you want certificates, you really should learn from a good teacher ...trust yourself to find that teacher - they will come into your life when it is time. Namaste!

Could you explain the difference between a level 1 and level 2 attunement?

I currently just enjoy using the reiki as my own form of meditation. I agree that the right teacher will come along when the timing is right, but for now I'll continue daily practice. I'll have to look into a Reiki share! I'm sure the folks from the class I attended would be interested:)

Also one more question! Does it make a difference if I sit up straight or lie down for self treatments?

Thank you all for the help!