Thread: Letting Go.
View Single Post
Old 30-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
Talking about things is a good idea to get it out of your system. There is a time that you have to let it go. You can talk about it but if you are talking about the same old thing and it is going round in a circle not doing any good it is time to let it go. The more you talk about it and the more you think about it the harder it is to let it go. I also have the same problem. I remind myself during the day to think good thoughts. If something bad enters my mind, I say to myself I only think good thoughts. I push it out of my mind straight away. I am feeling a lot better but I have to keep it up otherwise I go back to my old ways. It is a long process and it can take a long time to do. I find it is habit and habits can be hard to break. I once knew someone who went to a psychologist and talked about her problems. She no longer goes to the psychologist but she still talks about her problems. She went to see a psychologist for 10 years. Some people never get over it. They have a choice of moving on or letting it destroy their lives. I know it can be difficult in moving forward as some people have terrible things happen to them. They can talk about it all throughout their lives and they are miserable. Other people move forward. They leave the past behind and they have a decent life.

No, it's not quite as straight forwards as that.

I think the OP'er has made the first steps and is doing well now, that's the important part.