View Single Post
Old 23-10-2018, 09:17 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
No, not at all. Exploding Head Syndrome is exactly that - a seemingly exploding head - but not quite.
I experienced this three times within a period of about 3 months. It was a time when I felt very tired in general for no apparent reason.
The first time it happened it scared me out of my wits. I was in bed in a doze early in the morning when suddenly just above my head, to the left, there was the noise of very loud horns blowing. I was shocked to the core and for a while I lost all sense of orientation. My immediate thought after I'd collected myself a little was that 'I'm going mad'.
Fortunately a friend knew what this could be and this helped me to understand that I wasn't in danger. The second time it was cymbals, clashing above my head with a tremendous noise. Once again I jumped out of my skin and it took me a while to realize what had happened. The third time it was bells clanging away like mad.
What I can say, although it's difficult to explain or comprehend is that these noises were 'outside' of my head. That is my brain had projected them into the room (so to speak), Only then was it clear to me just how powerful our brain/mind is. These three happenings (they haven't repeated themselves since my period of tiredness) changed my philosophy of life to allow me to appreciate how mind is life's determining factor.

EHS has nothing to do with 'spirits' or anything supernatural but is probably the valve that allows any build up of 'steam' to escape before any damage is done. It can be googled.

Hmm, okay, thank you for the input!