Thread: No God
View Single Post
Old 17-10-2019, 12:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sure people talk of bliss silence and so forth, and that might be the reality as some people experience it, but not be the experience of someone else. My view is, don't be concerned with 'something else', just be aware of what it's like for you.

I agree with this very much. I experienced very little emotion from within the heart centre for much of the last few years (the heart centre is more often the source of the experience of bliss IMO), and yet, I still experienced equanimity, sublime joy, authentic love, and related "emotions" in very deep and profound ways which differ in some experiential ways from the way in which we "normally" experience emotion.

How is that even possible?, some may say. And yet it is. There are multiple ways to experience life and that includes authentic love, sublime joy (which some also call bliss), and so forth. I will go much further and say that the commitment to practice in right alignment not only provided purpose, clarity, stability, and profound serenity, but that ultimately it greatly aided my heart centre healing and improved my wellbeing and thus my quality of life. And yet, even if none of those things had happened "yet", the resonance of living in right alignment with centre (the sublime joy of being, or ananda) whilst walking one's path is so profound and compelling is truly its own reward.

BTW very on-point discussion on some key items over the last several pages.
(I have re-read back over the last half dozen pages so apologise for what may have been mentioned earlier as I have not re-read those and it's been some time.)

I also would say, as Janie, Gem, and others have noted from various, that the core of the teachings is not about the attainment(s) but about the practice. The journey rather than the destination.
Attainment(s) are the fruit but the practice is the cycle of sowing and reaping with awareness and right-alignment. And I resonate with the right-aligned desire Sky, Jonesboy, and JL noted, such as the desire to be of service, and also the desire for wisdom and illumination, via study of the great teachings, and obtaining transmissions and oral instruction, and so forth, in turn to better be of service.

I would say those major works of the Heart and Diamond Sutra can be understood most simply as there is nothing but the ground of being (lovingkindness) and there is nothing but this moment (equanimity). That is collapsing an awful lot, granted. But lovingkindness centred in equanimity is the being and doing. That is the heart of the practice, that and being present to our being and doing (including mindfulness, sitting, and meditation).

All that we feel or experience or that arises as a result of our practice simply is -- in right alignment and dedicated to the highest good of all -- and that is all

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke