View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonrD111
How can you kill your ego to be happy in life and unveil the truth by stopping your mind? Some creative ideas please.

Hello
Practice personal Non-doership

Initially let there be an intellectual conviction that you are not the doer of actions happening through your Mind-Body Apparatus (MBA).

Every thought that arises in the mind has an I, me, myself or the “Other” at its base.
Please note that – action happens only after the thought has arisen.

At the end of every day, sit in a quiet place and contemplate on important actions (Good or Bad) that were initiated by a you and probe if they were really “your” actions or were in a way compelled by a certain thought that arose owing to circumstances out of your control. Slowly and surely this practice will convince you that the so called “Actions” happened through your Mind-body Apparatus (rather than your doing) and as such you should neither blame yourself nor feel proud (by taking credit).

The next step is more difficult:

The same procedure needs to be repeated for “Actions” by others that affected your MBA or the world at large. Slowly and surely, it will convince you that the “Actions” happened through Other MBAs, were owing to circumstances beyond their control. This will enable you to stop blaming, judging and controlling others. It will help you accept the present moment as it is rather that what it “should” be.

The third step

Let this intellectual understanding about personal Non-doership continue on a day to day basis where anytime a thought that, you want to put blame on a me or other or take credit for any achievement, should get discarded automatically.

Slowly and surely the expanse of Inclusiveness (Love), Compassion and Humility will take over your Mind-Body Apparatus and the “Ego” will drop off
Namaskar