View Single Post
Old 18-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

You can't possibly work with a disorder like that and so it needs to be addressed, just like any regular sickness or illness requires attention.

The disorder I have has no cure, there are only ways to manage it, one being to just sleep when the body will sleep and be up when the body wants to be up. So that has meant my entire life I can't get up in the mornings and I can't go to bed before about 2 am (I found out this after I quit my job and tried to make my schedule more normal, but with this disorder, you can only go so far).

Quote:
I will share (not meant to preach, just as examples) a few small, big and drastic changes to my life that I made in the past 20 years, all as part of my holistic healing program:

-Moved 3000 miles, away from stressful karmic relationships
-Changed my lousy diet over several years and am now organic vegan
-Eliminated stimulants (alcohol and drugs) and pharmaceuticals
-Got rid of my TV, and stopped listening to the radio or music in the car
-Started a number of intentional, conscious daily rhythms and routines
-Am on "nature cycle" -- up at 3 am, bed at 9 pm -- for many years now
-Listen to classical/choral music 99% of the time, with the occasional rock-night (well, rock-30 minutes, that's about all I can take anymore)

I have also done most of those! I moved away from my parents, improved my diet (which is a neverending improvement), stopped drinking alcohol and have never taken pharmaceuticals, stopped watching tv about a decade ago, started listening to educational stuff in the car and pretty much every waking moment, even while i'm in the shower!

Quote:
And how about taking one online course per semester in something of interest to you, to address the education aspect as well?

Oh I do that too! I've lost count how many classes I have taken and I still have 2 more that I paid for that I haven't had time to even start. They aren't directly going towards me earning money, that's why they're not a priority right now.