View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
There are a great number of fringe groups in the world - such as the group known as Black Hebrew Israelites - and great many individuals who follow their own idiosyncratic path.

There is no point in discussing terms like Hebrew, Hebrew religion, Israelite religion, or Judaism without knowing more about your friend and what it is, exactly, he believes.

People are entitled to believe whatever they wish, whatever they choose. I'm more than happy to weigh in, but, in context, I don't have enough information to properly do so.

For me the bottom line was not necessarily about my friend, fringe groups, etc. I was only referring to my friend as an example. For me it was interesting to learn that Hebrew was once a religion and that even today there are people who consider themselves to be Hebrew. I studied the Hebrew language for many years, and also studied the Torah, Talmud, and Kabbalah for about 13-years at a temple in Los Angeles, CA. So I am familiar with the Hebrew language, Gematria, etc. I have studied the 5-most populated religions in this world, one of which is Judaism, but I did not know that Hebrew was a religion. Now I have learned a lot from my recent research on the difference between Judaism and Hebrew faiths. That was my only interest. Although I do thank you for your offer.