View Single Post
Old 19-07-2018, 04:34 PM
Experiencer

I too was labeled by our wonderful psychology field and though I may have earned some of those labels at one point in time I have broken through that. The absolute worst thing about those labels is they are not simply a way to identify a category of symptoms and thus a treatment plan. They are harmful to the psyche, the individuals self worth, they inhibit the ability to cure ourselves or to realize that something else is really going on. It makes it even harder to come out to family if they are aware of your diagnosis because if they really do not believe in what we shall call "paranormal" experiances they are likely to question you about your medications and state of mind. This leads to self doubt in a lot of cases. If you have a family that does believe in "paranormal" experiances it makes it easier.
My kids being teenagers questioned if I was manic and they themselves believe in this stuff. I went through a week of self doubt and research into mania until I realized it didnt apply. I was lucky in that my husband is "aware". He is my reality check. With that being said you have to break through that label because it makes you doubt yourself and your experiances. As far as telling your family ease them into the idea of what is going on. When it comes to meditating the biggest goal is learn to quiet the mind so you can hear the messages. They can often just be in the mind and it might sound like your own voice at times. That is telepathy as I know it. Other times you hear it as an external voice. You can develope all your clairs and work with them in synchronicity too. If you ever wanna chat my PMs are open. You have come to the right place though so welcome sweetie I hope you find what you are looking for.

Namaste`