View Single Post
Old 27-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Ankhesenamun

Dan_SF - wow that's very interesting! I didn't know there was actually a proverb about this phenomenon in Germany - so people have noticed that such things happen!

Very true what you point out. Indeed there seems to be something to it - the people that stood out, they all evoked some emotions in me.

The lady on the train for example - when I witnessed her talking to her friends, I felt incredibly sad because I was all alone and never had any friends until I recently found a wonderful friend. I always wanted to have a group of friends, to go out with them and have fun, and instead I was always alone and felt totally forsaken. Now that I have found a friend, I realize more than ever that it doesn't matter that I don't have any other friends - because this friend is such a wonderful and good soul that nobody else comes even close to the level of enlightenment that he is on.

So, basically, if I had had a whole bunch of friends - yes I might have been able to go out with them and have a laugh and all, but the friendships would have been very superficial whereas with the friend that I have now - that friendship is very deep.

As with regards to the Jewish guy - that guy certainly stirred some emotions because of the fact that part of my family were Jewish and I still find it incredibly painful that I don't know where I stand with regards to that - I had tried to be part of the Jewish community but was treated like an outcast to such an extend that I left and swore never to set foot into a synagogue again. That was many years ago and I haven't changed my mind on that. I am connected to the other sides of my very mixed family, for example I feel aware that I am the nationality that I am, I am keeping the different cultures that my family was made up of - but I have left the Jewish side completely behind and not entirely by choice but because I was treated like an outcast. So that guy also evoked strong emotions.

And that's why these people came along again - maybe to make me think, to make me aware of certain things? Like for example, of the fact that no matter how other people might have - wrongly - judged me, I am still of a part Jewish heritage whether they like it or not, and that I shouldn't forget about that?

Emotions are very powerful, they are energy forms. And energy doesn't disappear. Therefore emotions can bring situations about.

Very interesting and certainly something to think about!