View Single Post
Old 28-10-2017, 03:09 AM
Master

I've been musing a lot lately, that everything that CAN be said, HAS been said at one point or another. so you are always going to find an alternate point of view... there are different ways you can go with this.

For example you could do what many do and turn to your own thoughts, feelings, and ideas about what is 'right' and jsut go with it. In the short term that is dangerous for a seeker though because the instant you do that you stop being a seeker and start to become an 'authority'... and then eventually you get enough of a bead on whatever slant you resonate with to be able to start spouting all sorts of stuff similar to these contradictory notions you already see people spouting. IOW you just add to the problem. But at that point you will think you actually do KNOW something, same as all the people who have been telling you a lot of stuff that you don't really know how to digest now. And will fight for the cause, the same as they were when they chose what seemed right to them.

In the long term I don't think it matters if you do that as if you are tending to go down that path at all you are likely to get addicted to it well enough that you eventually get sick of it and debunk it the way I just did!

another thing you can do is just avoid the issue and do something that seems more satisfying, doesn't help when you are interested in answers though.

Personally I was forced to just shut up and watch long enough that I eventually started looking at the fact of the contradictions and starting to wonder about the larger picture. Looking at both sides, together, as part of a whole, instead of just saying that since they contradict one must exist at the expense of the other and lets accentuate the one and toss out the other. People absolutely HATE contradiction I find, but it seems like it is a fact of life they exist and why not study it instead of tossing the baby out with the bathwater? It is an entirely different kind of view that you get that way, albeit somewhat lonely.