View Single Post
Old 16-07-2017, 04:04 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donya
So I was doing the hoponopono meditation which is aimed at forgiving the person who did you wrong . In my case it's my mother who abused me as a child,I've been receiving messages that it's time for me to release that so I can move on. But during the meditation towards the end where I'm supposed to say I'm sorry I love you please forgive me and have our auras combined. I felt angry and I heard myself say no I don't wanna do this I wanna stop, I trie to push myself but I couldn't and I got angry.
What could this mean? I want to release this anger and unforgiveness

There is no need to forgive. Why should one forgive? Because other people say so? Why care about what other people say?

There is no need to not forgive. Why should one not forgive?

Relevant in terms of your attitude of forgiving or not forgiving is only what makes you feel better. forgiving or not forgiving is only relevant for your own sphere of experience.

If you feel anger it may be because you think you have to forgive because other people say so but actually you do not want to. So why care about what other people say?

However if you feel anger towards your mother this is silly because that anger does not make any deeds done undone and has only negative effects on how you feel yourself. In this case you should be more egoistic and drop that anger to feel better because it is only relevant how you feel. Otherwise the wrong deeds of your mother will hurt you continually: initially when done and then due to the anger that makes you feel bad. Wouldn't that be silly?

Also a misunderstanding is that to forgive means to love. But if one forgives one does not have to love. One may forgive but have a neutral attitude towards the person one forgives. The reverse also applies: One may not forgive but does not have to hate or feel anger because of not forgiving. One may not forgive but have a neutral attitude towards the person one does not forgive.