View Single Post
Old 30-09-2019, 10:22 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Keera,

By the very virtue of your asking these questions, I feel you fit in here. It brings me peace to see people like yourself asking questions similar to those I hold too. Hopefully my reaching out can be of use.

I am new myself, I can't speak on behalf of everyone of course.

I welcome you! Thank you for bringing your perspective and curiosity from your journey into the mix.

As for Sirian Starseeds... I've only just heard of the concept recently myself. I wonder if you'll find more answers asking that specifically under the Starseeds tab.

In regard to meditation and music: how cool :)
I just looked up Ivan Torrent - thank you for bringing him up, his music is beautiful! I may not have found it if it weren't for your post.

In the past I've owed learning to meditate to stumbling across a free guided meditation series from Oprah Winfrey and Deepak Chopra (perhaps a bizarre way!) I really love their work though, to be honest. I think it is grounded in deep integrity. I return to it again and again. I found it eased the challenge of beginning a regular practice. Around the same time I discovered the Art of Living courses connected to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
You will have heard of the Headspace app, I imagine? :) its very popular and lots of people seem to find it an easier way to begin.
I also find taking a yoga class with meditation at the end is a nice thing to blend into the whole journey of starting meditation.
What a lot of suggestions :) I'm sure you will find the right path for you with your curiosity as it is, perhaps some of these can offer new paths and one might fit well.

I suppose it depends on perspective. I see the sweet bliss and relief and deep connection of music as slightly different to meditation. Though: they are so related. I try to follow where I'm being called. That said, sometimes the value in a meditation practice comes from the very perseverance of sticking at it through the difficulty to stay with it, perhaps listening to music doesn't always hold that same challenge. Perhaps it all comes down to how it's being listened to. Perhaps anything can be a form of meditation.

... I guess, meditation can be done in so many ways. Just simply returning right now to the present.

How fascinating: your experience of being connected to another.

I think you fit in here, I'm curious to hear your questions and what more you have to share. If you choose to not stay, I wish you well with your journey in any case.

Best,
ColourLover