View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Why is it destructive to think of yourself as being different if you really are different? What's wrong with acknowledging and accepting this, at least to yourself?

I was incorrect when I wrote that. Wasn't fully to what I understand now.
It was coming from a thought process of, were all one and that believing were separate is part of what makes you carry an identity. identity is something that one must work through on their path to enlightenment. That is if one is on that path. Hence me saying I was incorrect because not all are after enlightenment.

learning I was no better or farther along or more sane or more crazy than another is my own personal lesson that led me to drop more social conditioning from my thought process. Giving me more acceptance for myself and others no matter what they say or do. But I could not learn that lesson personally till I lost identity and the idea that I was somehow different.

A friend of mine teases me because I'm from a different star system. They like to poke fun and say I'm an alien. But I don't view myself as that I understand and accept it and retain the knowledge from that system and experience. But that is not who I am. I'm a soul just as they are.. just as everyone is.