View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
How many of you are surfing online for crystals on etsy, amazon, ebay, your local shops website etc.. just to fantasize about what you could buy or own in future?

Sometimes I find myself losing an hour or more just gazing and browsing. Good thing I know there is real citrine and citrine (fake/ heated amethyst). I'd say 95% sellers are selling heated amethyst.

Hi Bubbles!

Please hon don't get me started on picture surfing for stones online and yes the subsequent drool.

In seriousness I have stopped looking at ebay at crystal eggs, and tourmaline crystals etc etc celestite and the like.

I have this habit of looking, and unfortunately I can not remotely afford anything I find myself drawn to currently so at this time sadly I do not have enough finances to purchase anything truly bigger in size. I notice many small polished stones on ebay and elsewhere just look fake, and if they look fake to me chances are the small purchase though perhaps affordable will not interest me.

But yes I have been known to do this, browse endlessly listings of different stones.

The good in all this is I did learn of quite a few stones I had not previously heard of.

The bad in it is it causes me frustration, to feel drawn to a certain type of mineral and know it is not currently or may never come to be in my price range or affordable.

I did use to go out and find small stones when younger, green tourmaline, red garnet, aquamarine,, beryl etc, but this was years ago, and unfortunately as well, I can not get my family members to get up and do anything now a days.

I've been wanting to get to the beach with the metal detector and put it to use like I have been wanting over this weekend and can not for the life of me seem to be able to get these folks up and moving.

They only have interest in something if it is convenient for them

So while yes I did like previously to search and browse and look, and drool, it ended up causing too much frustration in the end. I'd actually like to be able to find nice stones and minerals naturally around here, but again these days gotta be in the right place.

So for now, I've giving in and given browsing a rest.