Thread: Pluto
View Single Post
Old 15-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Master
well hissyfit (love the name lol) the traditional ruler of Scorpio is and has been Mars for much longer, but I'll get back to that. I am a Libra Sun but have 4 planets including Moon & Venus (and Pluto) in Scorpio along with my South Node so I kind of count on the sign a lot too.. and my baby daughter is a Scorpio as is my sister born on the same day as her. Anywayyy, I'm just saying that the Pluto rulership seems to make sense. and the thing is, you are right, those humanoids are silly, and don't worry, what they say or do has no bearing on the true reality. in actuality their attempt is laughable and I'm sure that Pluto could care less that they tried to demote it. I mean, seriously, Pluto is the premiere rebellious unpredictable dg@f planet, so isn't it just fitting that they'd try to say it's not a planet anymore? it doesn't matter what they think they think.

Now, there is something to be said about the traditional rulerships too though. I didn't put a lot of thought into them before, but someone I trust rather well stated their importance and validity so I realize there is more to look at with the old rulers known for eons before the modern planets were discovered. Of course Pluto existed for eons longer, but still, traditional Astrology has value and it's worth considering.

I suppose that Mars ruling Scorpio is one of the reasons Scorpio is known as the Phoenix sign, in addition to the Scorpion, Eagle, and Dove.. or even Dragon I think in some circles. It is the sign of transformation (ah so what if the demotion is an act of transformation? but again those scientists don't control the destiny of Pluto or us) and fire is rather transformative. thinking about Scorpio being a water sign calls into question the process of transformation and rebirth, death, etc.. because Mars is known as fiery in Astrological lore, ruling Mars first and foremost. and Scorpio is a water sign, so there's constant turmoil of fire and water and fire and water and no wonder transformation is such a big theme, but it can take a while.. anyway we're not here to talk about the potential depths of despair involved with Scorpio. just that I've heard it best said that Mars is an external fire for Aries, and an internal fire for Scorpio. so it is that infernal phoenix combusting and rising from its ashes. I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, I just wanted to bring up how Mars being a ruler of Scorpio made sense to me, but really I didn't put a lot of research or a ton of thought into it.. perhaps I will think about it more now, but in any event hopefully I've helped you see how you're right about Pluto and none of us have to care what oblivious mainstream scientists say