View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 09:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkskymelody
Today, around 1:30 , my pet lovebird died. I knew he was breaking down but I didn't expect it so soon. I heard him screaming , then he died...I can't get the screams out of my head and my family's still sad.

I don't know where pets go but out of sadness and desperation, I tried to reach him & feel he's in transition.. I know it sounds strange... This is gonna be so tough ..

Nothing will feel the same. :(

Pinkskymelody,

I invite you to look at the reference, below entitled "Autobiography of a Yogi", written by Yogi Paramahansa Yogananda. Use the "find" function in your browser and type the word "delusive" in it.

Please understand that the word has nothing to do with your heartfelt feelings (I felt the very same when all my pets died, too).

I believe the resulting sentences you'll see which contain that word will help you.....very, very much, especially when you get to the part where Yogananda relates the story of his pet deer!

Excerpts you'll see from typing in the word "delusive":

"I realized anew that God wants His children to love everything as a part of Him, and not to feel delusively that death ends all."

“Rejoicing at the immortality of friendship, they realize the indestructibility of love, often doubted at the time of the sad, delusive partings of earthly life.

....whether the "family member" is called Mom, Dad, Grandma, Sis, Friend, or "Lovebird".

Your Lovebird may seem to have died....but Love never does.

Hope this helps you see why......"Nothing need ever feel the same", again.

Reference: https://www.ananda.org/autobiography/
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)