View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Yes I know that personally too from experience, it's very difficult, the damage is so deep, but I'm getting alot out of kundalini yoga, emdr therapy and internal family systems therapy right now. I have a lot of hope because there's big strides happening now in healing this kind of trauma. Fortunately we also know now that the brain can be changed because of neuroplasticity. I would say the best researcher, author and speaker on developmental trauma now is Bessel Van Der Kolk. Obviously there's a long way to go but it's exciting they're finally finding things that work now.

Oh, it sounds like you use several different methods to help remodel your neurological pathways. I thought about that recently, because I feel that my progress is slow, and there is a big mountain for me to climb, so I was thinking perhaps it's time for me to shop for some other tools or maybe my healing efforts.

Hmm ... yes, I didn't come across this term neuroplasticity until now, but I know what you mean. I started my neurological remodeling last year, and I can feel the old pathways burning away--light buzzing sound in the head, burning or tingling sensation in my body, etc.

Wanchain