View Single Post
Old 13-11-2023, 08:07 AM
Master
I looked at the list, and the titles indicate the content creators might be a little off track, but I watched the 3rd video on calories and it's totally accurate.

I skipped to their exercise video, and it's a little bit misleading, besides, people 'of a certain age' aren't typically partial or suited to High Intensity cardio exercise.

The problem with fat loss, especially in the aged, is you lose muscle mass as well as fat. Since the 'calorie burn' from exercise is not a particularly significant percentage of calories used, and food intake is a far greater contributor to weight gain or loss, it's best to regulate nutritional intake for fat loss and do resistance exercise to maintain muscle.

I skimmed across a few more videos, and on the whole, over all, I can only grade it as terrible information. What I like least of all is they are toxic focused and promote 'good and bad' foods, and that results in negative relationships with food. The sensational presentation with exciting music is really tell-tale of their informational hocum.

Sorry for negatively critiquing the overall video content, but it's only because I want people to benefit, and what these creators are saying is a bit of a hodgepodge, and very unlikely to work.

When I heard the hyped up narrative and stimulating music I immediately thought, 'what are they selling?' so I went to the very end of some videos, and sure enough, there is it, supplements, programs, books etc. not to mention the emina bag!. From the fitness and nutrition industry perspective, these guys typify the bulldust and scammery that unfortunately characterises the space.

If you want to discuss the situation you are in, I have a some expertise and experience as a qualified personal trainer with specialty qualifications in Older Adults. I'm not selling anything and I won't lead anyone astray. I can help with improvements and steer away from the bells and whistles, toward true and high quality information. Just hit me up if you want the dirt.