Thread: The Wise Ones
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armadodecadron
And I suppose I am pre-supposing that, as a race, and as spiritual beings, we are ultimately sliding towards self-destruction; hence the thirst metaphor. The idea of spiritual degradation or destruction does not really exist in the new age encyclopedia of things-that-might-be, so there isn't much to be gained by pushing that particular agenda around here. Still, the idea very much drives individuals like myself.

My agenda is to satisfy my curiosity.

Quote:
At any rate, I do not particularly believe we have anything to learn by being ignorant, and I do not believe that we are somehow strengthened by being starved. The idea that by having our nature withheld from us we might be somehow improved? I find it preposterous.

I see your point. That would be unkind to withhold valuable information for the sake of withholding it.

I think those who seek spiritual wisdom will eventually find it. Then there are those who have discovered higher truth and shared it freely with the masses only to have paid dearly, or their teachings were used to great evil. Great wisdom is wasted on those cannot listen

Quote:
If such wise ones do exist, and are watching, then perhaps it is their wisdom that we should stand our fall on our own merits. That has a certain degree of cold logic.

There would be no joy in life if everything were automatically handed to us. It would be a boring generic uneventful life. And besides, who knows what unique gifts that can only be discovered through adversity.