Thread: The Wise Ones
View Single Post
Old 15-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
What if the wise ones are secretly helping us but only at the level we are able to receive their wisdom? Maybe they understand our potential and that by just fixing our problems we would learn nothing. Perhaps they know that anything they do on our behalf would be misused for some nefarious intent. I am pre-supposing there is an eternal spiritual aspect to this and that they are just older more advanced human souls.

And I suppose I am pre-supposing that, as a race, and as spiritual beings, we are ultimately sliding towards self-destruction; hence the thirst metaphor. The idea of spiritual degradation or destruction does not really exist in the new age encyclopedia of things-that-might-be, so there isn't much to be gained by pushing that particular agenda around here. Still, the idea very much drives individuals like myself.

At any rate, I do not particularly believe we have anything to learn by being ignorant, and I do not believe that we are somehow strengthened by being starved. The idea that by having our nature withheld from us we might be somehow improved? I find it preposterous.

If such wise ones do exist, and are watching, then perhaps it is their wisdom that we should stand our fall on our own merits. That has a certain degree of cold logic.