View Single Post
Old 05-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymus
Yes. There is no such thing as free will:

"Your brain makes up its mind up to ten seconds before you realize it, according to researchers." - - LINK

Decisions are made before you are ever consciously aware of making a choice. Free will is an illusion of the mind.

Affirmation are thus really important because your unconscious mind makes decisions for you.

In my opinion that research data points to different conclusions.

When you get into a Q&A with your higher wisdom (guide / self / etc.) you often notice that you get an answer before you finish asking your question. It is like whatever you decide to ask happened at another level than your conscious, and it takes a finite amount of delay until you become conscious of your own question. The higher wisdom that replies gets access to your question faster than your conscious.

The experiment you pointed to, shows the same thing.

So, the conclusion is that the conscious you isn't the one that controls your actions, but a subconscious you does that.

Coming back to this thread's question(s), your conscious doesn't have free will, because it just tunes into what your subconscious wills, but that doesn't mean that the future is predetermined.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.