View Single Post
Old 20-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
The real obstacle to me embarking upon the path of I AM is a lack of interest. The world is not nearly so interesting if it is only maya or unreal. A real world is far more interesting. Other people are not so interesting if they are only reflections of my own self or of my mind. God is not so interesting if He is only me!
A real world, real others, and a real God are far more interesting than what I AM has to offer.
I know I can have the best of both worlds and see things as being both myself and real at the same time.
Maya or illusionary worlds and people is pretty dull really. A real world and real "others" are of far more importance than just being my own reflection. God gains far more significance if He is greater than my own self.

Honza - I think a great number of people on the planet have an innate need to believe in a power higher than themselves, this is especially true during times of sorrow when nothing seems to make sense in life. For example, if my God is only me, that's a pretty heavy weight on my shoulders when I can't seem to find answers to the 'whys' of tragedy and suffering. With nothing to believe in outside of myself it's easy to become despondent and depressed. Even if I have no proof there is in fact an overseeing God of the human race, I can live with the fact that I don't know anything for certain.