View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 09:05 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro5139
Not sure I should answer this because not sure I can without offending every man that reads it...
I'm really not trying to man- bash but in my experience, no, because men always want the sexual aspect, and when they realize they aren't going to get it, they get angry and leave. Some even try to say they want friendship and that's ok, still the saga always ends the same.
At this age (old), I would rather my relationships start with friendship, but I don't meet men who are willing to do that. So you either have to jump into bed with them right away, or they are gone. It's an all or nothing situation.

It's a sad fact of the instant-gratification culture. The old rules as I was discussing with 7L up there have gone, the courtship, the convergence of whether you want to spend the rest of your life with someone - and if not you can say bye-bye honestly and move on (in a society that doesn't force marriages).

I'm of the same view now. Sex is a lesser part in the richness of the relationship. Let's face it, men tend to fall into a lull after their repertoire runs dry...so do women I suppose.... and it falls into a routine that can become boring and tiresome! You need more than that to share your being with another (as far as is possible) and, as it were, to become of one mind.