View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Ascender
Angel1 Grandma 04/08/44 - 12/10/15

The strongest woman I have ever known passed away today. She raised me for the majority of my life as her child and reminds me in the words of her favourite singer Freddie Mercury that "the show must go on". My grandma's great joy in life was being surrounded by family and friends, she spent her life helping and giving to others, she would give the shirt off her back to anyone who needed it, she even use to pick up strangers off the street and give them ride homes sometimes, she really just liked having someone to talk to, her favourite pastime was gossiping on the telephone whilst smoking and drinking coffee. She did at times have a terrible temper and a vile mouth but everyone has their faults, got to take the good with the bad sometimes, she often use to say that everything has its price..Her battle with cancer was unpleasant, she experienced alot of pain and suffering and I am so relieved she is free of that now. She didn't want to die and fought death like she often fought life. I will miss the sound of her shrill voice as she would yell out at me calling my name at the top of her voice, a sound which I use to dread. Knowing she is catching up with a whole lot of family and lifelong friends she use to tell me about brings such joy to my heart, her ability to love all unconditionally will be the very reason why she will be forever missed and never forgotten. I am sharing the link to one of her favourite songs, I am lucky to have myself another angel now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N0TkfrQhY