View Single Post
Old 17-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Bluegreen

Joan Grant was engaged to be married when her fiancee while cleaning a revolver shot himself in the head. This is what she wrote in her autobiography Far Memory:

Quote:
The quality of my dreams began to change. They were more vivid and yet more arduous to achieve. To meet him needed an effort of will, a great effort which left me exhausted in the morning...The trees were yellow, although not with autumn, instead of green, and many of the flowers were unfamiliar. My body was much lighter, yet this was not because it was obedient to my thought as in a dream. It was a material body, obeying a less stringent law of gravity...; but still in its own place equally solid as the one I re-entered on waking.
[...]
"Then how do I get here? Esmond, it can't be solid, because my solid body is in bed at Hurtwood."
"Well, I didn't want to tell you yet, but you are not really here. You are only a visitor. I suppose you are really a kind of ghost. Itis very hard work bringing you here--much more of an effort than if I had to tow you up a mountain on skis. Bringing earthghosts here is not encouraged. It's considered a waste of energy, and energy is very important here when there is so much to create."