View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 09:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
So I was thinking about the brain in the jar, where you have isolated the central nervous system inside a tank connected to a computer that feeds it all the signals that it needs to generate the perception of a reality. But then the question arises, would the soul still stay with it, considering all other organs are gone? If not, what organs is the soul dependent upon to stay in the body?

On the flipside of that, the conclusion must be that the soul is only perceiving what the brain is generating. Therefore, obviously, the brain must be there, but from there you can cut it and connect it to a computer that feeds it signals. So in other words, the soul only has one channel to connect to the body?

To me, the confusion comes from the assumption that the brain is the seat of consciousness. It isn't. It is just an organ like any of the others. There are in fact people out there with almost zero brain matter who can still function normally and are just as conscious and intelligent as any average person. In fact, I suspect if you could transplant brains, the person who gets the new brain would still be largely the same person as before and would only take on a few minor characteristics of the person whose brain he received. There have been many documented cases of people getting new organs and inheriting some of the characteristics of the donor. This is all due to the Holographic Principle.