View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
I don't know from where he got this information from but Premel El Adaros claimed that Napoleon, who was a master of the Superconscious
state, used to obtain practically eight hours rest in fifteen minutes
by looking intently at a dark spot on the walls of his room.

Now this superconscious state is called by the Hindus "Samadhi"
or superconsciousness.

Parmahansa Yogananda ji met this saint named Ram Gopal Mazumdar.
Ram Gopal Mazumdar did not need any sleep.He once said to Parmahansa Yogananda ji the following:

"I did not need sleep, for I was ever with God. My body was more rested in the complete calmness of the superconsciousness than it could be by the partial peace of the ordinary subconscious state.

The muscles relax during sleep, but the heart, lungs, and circulatory system are constantly at work; they get no rest. In superconsciousness, the internal organs remain in a state of suspended animation, electrified by the cosmic energy. By such means I have found it unnecessary to sleep for years. The time will come when you too will dispense with sleep."

Lahiri Mahasya ji was the guru of the saint Ram Gopal Mazumdar ji.According to Lahiri Mahasya ji's wife Lahiri Mahasya ji did not need sleep as well.

That is all I know on this subject. :-)

Shivani Devi ji Can you please let me know why you are not responding to my PMs ?

I just wanted to know if Shiv ji started to talk to you again ...
...and maybe (If you permit) ask Shiv ji about a cryptic guidance given by Mahavatar Babaji to me...

I also have a very nice poem for you that I'd like to share with you...

Have a great day friend !
Love you :-)

When I went to the Khumba Mela in Haridwar (India) in 1998, I was fortunate to have met a sage who reportedly never slept. I was only in India for 3 weeks but never saw him sleep. In addition, I would wander by his tent besides the Ganges at night and he was always lecturing or just silent. Through an interpreter, I asked him how he did it. He just looked at me and said "chetan nidra" (conscious sleep). The interpreter was a little baffled and didn't know how to translate that for me. However, since I have practiced conscious sleep for years (but not to the the extent where I don't sleep like this sage), I understood.

I spoke to many of the sage's disciples especially those who had been with him for years. None of them reported having ever seen him sleep in the traditional manner. These things DO happen.

When one can remain aware and conscious in the equivalent of the thought-free deep sleep state, one is totally rested without being unconscious in traditional sleep. Tibetan Buddhists frequently practice this. During this process, one can watch dream formation from start to finish as well as the transitions between the three states (deep sleep, dream state, so-called waking state). Thus one can truly know oneself. The process is alluded to in the Mandukya Upanishad, which is the shortest of all the Upanishads.