View Single Post
Old 14-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Master
I've heard that eating 90 percent of fruits and vegies will help you loose weight, so if you cheat even if the 90 percent is fruit and vegies it will help. I've found for myself lots of fruits and vegies help me loose weight and help me feel way much better. I drink lots of fresh juices everyday that I get juiced at my local coop. I eat lots of good fats from eg. avocados.
And yoga is very very good. You can get great beginner dvd's or go to a local gym and sign up for a beginner yoga class if you feel you need help. Sometimes people think that yoga is too hard because they see people in some very weird poses but trust me beginners yoga is very easy to do. I use wailana dvds and the best to start out with is beginners and go on from there. She has a website which you can google you can also youtube wailana beginner poses and go that route. I've done yoga on and off for many years, and trust me, it really builds so much muscle and it's very calming and more intense than you think and you will feel so much better because you're more flexible in body and mind, and doing yoga stablizes your hormones by massaging inner organs, and also makes you want to eat healthier. I know that wai lana is played early mornings on PBS as well.
If you want to eat bread get sprouted wheat, I don't eat carbs and avoid them at all costs. If you want to get good protein you can get it from vegies such as brocolli and mushrooms. I weigh 210 however I don't look it, I look 160. I feel a lot is muscle from my yoga and also I swim about 15 miles a week. Don't go by the scale, go by inches and your total body fat.
Good luck :)
Spiritlite.