View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 05:07 PM
Master
Sutra 1.22

22. mahahridanusamdhanan mantraviryanubhavah //

By the attentive continuity of meditation on the great ocean of consciousness, the power of supreme I is attained.

"When he meditates on that supreme God consciousness by diverting all the flows of his organs to the introverted, not the extroverted, state, he obtains the state of supreme I (mantra virya) because the state of mantra virya is the power of all the letters of the Sanskrit alphabet beginning from the letter a and ending with the letter ksa. Why? Because all sounds rise from those letters. That sound is called sabdarasi, the collective appearance of all letters. And the power and the essence of all those sounds is one sound, the soundless sound, the sound of Ibeing, aham, the supreme I and that is mantra virya. The yogi attains mantra virya not in an objective way but in a subjective way. Thinking and saying "this is mantra virya" is realizing it in an objective way. "I am mantra virya" is realizing it in a subjective way. This is said in the Malinivijaya Tantra:

That supreme (svatantrya) independent energy of Lord Siva is said to be one with Lord Siva. (Malinivijaya Tantra 3.5)"

Energy of independence (svatantrya sakti) of Lord Siva creates universal energies

"In the Malinivijaya Tantra, the author has begun from this point where "the supreme independent energy of Lord Siva is said to be one with Lord Siva." From svatantrya sakti arise the energy of will, the energy of knowledge, and the energy of action. And then all universal energies flow outward. The center, therefore, from which all these energies flow, is svatantrya sakti.

So the author has explained that this energy of independence (svatantrya sakti) of Lord Siva creates universal energies. It not only creates will, knowledge and action, but all universal energies are created by that one energy of Lord Siva."

A brief summary of the First Awakening

"Thus, in this first awakening of Siva Sutras, the first sutra is caitanyam atma, "God consciousness is your self."

So first, he has accepted the fact that this self is, in its real sense, consciousness. Consciousness is the self, not the body, not the mind, not the organs. What is the self? Consciousness is the self and when the state of consciousness is absent, or lessened, or becomes weakened, then you must know that the rise of (malas) impurities has begun. These impurities are three and they are explained in the second and following sutras of the first awakening - jnanam bandha, yonivargah kala sariram, and so on. And that bondage is subsided by udyamo Bhairava, 'the Bhairava which is the supreme flow of super effort." And then this entire universe is filled with divinity and all yogic powers, limited yogic powers, unlimited yogic powers or the internal residence of your own nature, are bestowed by that being."

(This is the end of the First Awakening - sambhavopaya .)