View Single Post
Old 26-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
I think you have to be quite a self-centered person to "experience hell". …

That is an interesting perspective, but I can understand what I think you mean.

Quote:
As far as "imprints lasting a very long time" one NDE I read about the person said he was in hell for an eternity, yet it latest only seconds. I can't quite fully comprehend that, I guess maybe it's because I didn't experience that.

Makes you wonder when and if 'Hell' would ever end if they experience it as an 'eternity that lasted seconds'. Would that indicate they could end it any moment?

Quote:
I liken it to "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". IOW, any negativity in this life dies with this life. We're still connected to our egos until the finality of death of the body (the point when consciousness can no longer return to it). So, we're still connected to our ego although the ego is dormant, yet it's imprint is still there on our consciousness. We can't enter that place (some claim there's a barrier or marker that must be crossed (and some have reported crossing it...I came to one, but couldn't cross it) of pure consciousness if we don't leg go of negativity. Maybe that's an explanation for ghosts...??

Again that is a good argument for this being us punishing ourselves and there is no objective hell, or heaven for that matter, it's all in the way we think, feel and create, on a personal and shared level, to some extent on the shared level anyway.

It is interesting that it is those who believe in punishment who get punishment for their 'sins'.

Interesting about the ghosts.

Quote:
I couln't cross it because as soon as I tried to I couldn't move and I felt that feeling of that heart attack in my chest, but it didn't hurt at all. I'm pretty sure that was at the time the EMT got my heart going again. I remained in that place for bit before I was back in my body.

The question being was it because you couldn't cross or because you didn't want to? Then do we decide our own death 'time' has come and it is not any outside force?