Thread: Purple gums
View Single Post
Old 25-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Sometimes, this can be caused by the oxidation of tissue. I once had this in the corners of my mouth and this is what my g.p. (and an especially wonderful one at that!) told me was going on with me. This can happen when the health is not quite 'up to snuff (and mine wasn't at the time) and areas like the mouth are especially vulnerable to this.

I suggest taking some Ester-C with bioflavonoids (building up from 1000 to 3000 mg. per day, split throughout the day - "American Health" is a good brand) - as well as some vitamin E (say, 200 to 400 IUs a day - "Solgar" is a good brand) if you are able (and are without life-threatening blood-clotting issues like deep vein thrombosis, or heart and high blood pressure problems since then, E should only be taken under the care of a practitioner).

Also, have you tried a water pik used daily? Maybe add some stimulating oils to it like tea tree and/or spearmint and peppermint. This practice is excellent for revving up the circulation of the gums and to me, it sounds like your gums could benefit from that (even though they are otherwise healthy).

Also, are you getting enough protein, iodine, iron, B-9 (folic acid) and B-12?