View Single Post
Old 14-04-2017, 10:13 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotspirits
The fear is, losing control of what appears to be reality. The fear of the unknown. I know I have lead a life in which I have tried to be free of doing bad things. I've really tried to be kind to everyone and everything. The ultimate fear and sadness is dying and then what if there is nothing afterwards. I would be so disappointed. I want to know that working hard in this life to be a good person will have some merit after we pass. No, I am not perfect and far from it. But, my ultimate intentions are being good and spreading kindness.

I think that I need to get in touch with my spiritual being. I am not sure how to go about this.

My father was a so-called born-again preacher in the Lutheran faith. He would scare my brothers and me almost daily that if we do not behave, we would die and go to Hell; we were petrified of dying. At age 16, I had severe pneumonia and a NDE experience that changed my perspective of death. I was surrounded in a spiritual place by the greatest love, beauty and peace. I was told that this spiritual community was really God itself. I didn’t want to leave but I was told that I must go back and still had a mission to complete.

Knowing what comes after physical death is the greatest tranquilizer. Deep meditation is the best way to interact with the same Great Spirit (God) that the American Indians worshipped. I remember a movie where an old Indian went away to the forest to have his life end by praying to the Great Spirit. He died peacefully.