View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
Namaste.

I'm spending a week over at my brother's place, babysitting my 16yr old niece and 12yr old nephew while my brother and sister-in-law are away in Thailand.

Bonding with my niece meant me bringing out all of my items made from reversible sequins *insert girly-girl squeal here*, all my essential Spiritual Sky aromatherapy oils (frankincense is very calming for ADHD), my items made from zippers that all zip up all the way around, my Zen kinetic sand garden, my Yoga Lounge colouring -in book with metallic and flourescent gel pens, and of course, my collection of pictures of flowers that resemble animals and people, like Monkey Orchids (Dracula Simian), Skull Snapdragons, followed by my 'make your own 'Dream Catcher' kit...well, suffice to say, If I was a 16yr old girl I would like that stuff...

She was into all that stuff too!

In return, she has just gone through that whole "I'm over that whole stage where I need to have 100 Buddha statues in my room to be a Buddhist" and so she gave me a beautiful statue of a Thai Buddha and also a Buddhist rosary made of wood and lapis lazuli with 108 beads (which I will do my Mantra Japa (great thing for ADHD) on the beads of:

"Namaste Astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya, Mahadevaya, Trilokanaya, Tripurantakaraya, Trikalagnykalaya, Kalagnirudraya, Neeklanthaya, Mrityunjayaya, Sarveshvarayah, Sadashivaya, Sriman Mahadevaya Namaha".

Yeah, that's the one, my mantra right there! I also got her to put the rosary over my head...somebody else has to do that first time in my tradition.

The Buddha statue is going on my prayer shrine alongside a lenticular 5D picture of Shiva, a stone statue of the goddess Kali, a pure crystal Shiva Lingam a statue of Naga Deva (Vasuki/Patanjali) a statue of Nandi the Bull in brass, an energised Bhairava Yantra, a crystal lotus, a small wooden statue of Lord Nataraja (Dancing Shiva) my rudraksha mala and my holy ash (vibhoot).

Then, I go and study all the aphorisms of Patanjali, do some fixed gazing whilst thinking about the glorious houseboats on Srinaga Lake in Kashmir and then that makes think about the teachings of Swami Lakshmanjoo, Sri Nisargadatta and Mooji...and then I look at pictures of the Goddess Pandals in recent Kolkotta festivals.

Suffice to say, we taught each other a lot.

I gave her a reversible sequin purse, an elastic neck choker, a bottle of strawberry aromatherapy oil and a book about crystals.

Go me.