Thread: altars
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello,

No I never heard of charging altars, but I assume deity and daily worship does that for you including magickal practice. I know your altars should always be clean. Your altar is where you pray and do magick. It's important to have your altars clean, because not only is it disrespectful to your deity it also reflects who you are as a person. Your life is connected to your altar, when you're practicing magick, you are spiritually, emotionally, and cosmically connected to your altar - it's part of you and it's where you go to give thanks through worship and to do magick, it's your workspace. Certain deities will be upset or angry if you remain your altars unclean and will affect your magickal results when doing magick and from what I've heard, you will feel drained and even sick.

Lepus

I agree that a patron Deity and daily worship does charge an altar but I was guided by mine to charge and cleanse it first to prep it. I believe it makes an altar energetically stronger and more consistent. For now, my altar is quite cluttered but I'll have to clean it up for some new magical work I hope to start in a couple of weeks. Thank goodness there's no Deity mad at me.

If I need to cleanse it again, I can use a vortex I found near my house.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)