View Single Post
Old 21-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird21
Hi Guys,

I have this past year entered into a powerful student-teacher relationship. It is extremely potent and I often feel completely naked and vulnerable before my teacher, who sees me with a cutting clarity and this is reflected back to me. The closeness and love is unlike anything I have experienced even with family. In fact, honestly, I have never experienced this level of intimacy and transparency in my life. Upon meeting we both recognized each other and he has told me we know each other from (at least) a past life.

He is a highly respected buddhist vajrayana teacher, the highest level teacher in his lineage of Buddhism. MANY of my concepts have been cut through by this relationship, it's unbelievable how much more free and open-minded I am.

I am entering retreat with him soon and am feeling, well, quite nervous!!! I have fallen completely in (unattached) love and feel INTENSE devotion.

I'm wondering if any of you are in vajrayana student-teacher relationships? And what your experience is?

Vajrayana is tantric Buddhism, in which there is much emphasis on the student-teacher relationship being intimate, sometimes even closer than family.

If your opening deeper and comfortable with the whole nakedness of your own essence it will serve you to bridge what life (in your normal arena of living) itself cannot always support you with as I have learned.

In my experience we can learn through many relationships, only difference is that your naming yours teacher/student and its a practice to take you deeper more specifically to build deeper intimacy with self and it seems to be one that is set up to do this.

The Buddhist believers will naturally wonder what on earth your getting yourself into.

But I do understand from a greater perspective of people/in body and in spirit, opening me deeper to cut through my conditioned ideas in everyway of myself.

Some people you meet in this life will strip you down to your core. I know that reflection myself, I had lots more reflections to deepen into beyond that alone. Of course I don't want to take away from your own experience, it is your choice and chosen path.

The key is be careful of the attachments that can arise in the notion, they are "doing this" and it feels so "wonderful". It is you opening to this in yourself to be you and extend as you into the world beyond that space..When you make claim to another supporting you to open and believe that it is the "Be all, end all" you might find yourself falling under the spell and attachments will shine their light in new ways. Even as you might believe your not attached.. Just being aware is a good thing.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder