View Single Post
Old 19-06-2011, 01:28 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
DevilishAngel

your 1st part of post (feeling in control). I'm thinking it depends on how the individual see this "set in stone" notion. Its a percentage game....some would want to believe that it being set in stone gives them the option of feeling its all controlled. The other side would see 'not set in stone' as giving them the option of free-will. Then there's a 3rd side who believe its nothing to do with either.

The 2nd part of your post (believing that everything that happens happens for a reason).....my comment was referring to whose source says everything happens for a reason? Not everyone believes that.

Hope that helps some?
Yes, that's true, it does depend on the individuals view. But just like anything else, if you aren't stuck to one option and you can create what you want (free will) you are in control of where your life leads. But some would look at it more negatively.

Believing that everything happens for a reason. I wasn't stating it as a fact. I was saying that if someone is to believe this or for those who don't want to because they feel like they feel like they are heading down a preconceived path and have no control, it doesn't mean you can't take your life in the direction you want it.