View Single Post
Old 23-01-2019, 06:46 PM
Newbie ;)

This is a great question and there are some great replies.

Based on my experiences I have come to the conclusion that most of what people call astral projection is basically a lucid dream, at best. I have projected hundreds of times and I did a series of experiments in order to prove OBE status -- things like reading a random playing card set up high somewhere so I could not see it as I was walking around the house in the waking, physical state. What I found was that during AP the card would morph as I looked at it. Also, it would multiply into many cards in my hand if I picked it up.

Eventually I reduced the sampling to just the face cards because I noticed that my hit rate on colors and symbols was much higher than reading the exact number. I could score correctly on the Jack of Diamonds way better than something like the Five of Clubs.
The quality of clarity and the reality quotient was varying constantly... like a dream.

I am still okay with people saying, "I know I am leaving my body because that is what it feels like" because I have said the same thing. I really do 'feel' a body getting up and floating around. But I recognize the issues others have brought up and it is a valid concern. Increasing the accuracy of observation is a challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David mc
I myself have never had an OBE so it's hard for me to comprehend what they are,but from a skeptical point of view how do we know there not just created by the brain.your views very welcome