View Single Post
Old 26-08-2017, 08:46 AM
Lorelyen

It's no problem to me. Shrinks tend to work with social norms. That's how they decide what's crazy and not.
Once one tries to explore the individual (who may superficially act out social norms, maybe not) there's no benchmark so what's normal and not is beyond debate.
Some choose to see their lives as evolving in a psychic/spiritual environment, others, to meet the expectations of their communities.

However the failure of someone to "adjust" to their cultural norms (often as a result of some discovery about themselves by taking a comparative "reading") leads to what the shrinks see as aberrant behaviour.
They can't deal with spirituality other than it's there. They can't deal with "individual", only stereotypes.

On a forum like this, individuals can self-express (as far as is possible in words) beyond the conventional.
To me, other elements of spiritual expression is art, music and humour, a combination of all.
I recall some rather beautiful if challenging art posted on the forum that was deleted presumably because it had (relative to the norm) a horror element.
To me it expressed a psyche in ways that words never could.
Artists can communicate individuality with directness. (Doesn't mean they all do, but you get the drift.)
In another interpretation, creators at any level - artists, composers, poets, dancers, are all bonkers. They aren't conforming but making.