View Single Post
Old 22-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Knower

Meditation never really worked for me, I constantly think about alot of things, and I find myself more comfortable with the mind running than not. So because of that, an approach i've been doing, which somehow works for no explainable reason, is to just think about whom I want to meet, when trying to sleep. just keeping your attention focused on whose attention you want to be focused on yourself. I was in a discussion about "the lords of karma" the other day, and I fell asleep after(and while) thinking alot about them. and guess who I just so happen to meet after falling asleep.

the more you will something: the more attention you put towards something, the more likely you are to get attention focused on you in return, which means the more likely it is for something to happen.
You don't neccessarily need "peace of mind" to connect with others, though it would probably help. what's most important here, is that you're receptive; you must desire to communicate, and put effort towards willing it. the second most important thing is that, whoever on the receiving end must be just as receptive as you are, and must share the same interest in communication.