View Single Post
Old 28-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
I was talking to someone yesterday and he explained that she became lillith the demon because supposedly in midevil times, the Church (anyone pretty much in power) didn't like that a woman had power (since she is queen) and they made her a demon. I also thought that she was Adams first wife but I always wondered how she came into creation.
Lilith was the first wife of Adam in medieval Jewish writings (extra canonical). And due to her unruliness, God banished her from the Garden (I think one of the popular reasons cited was that she wanted to be on top during sex *gasp*).

As a result she swore vengeance against Adam and his new wife, Eve's descendants. Which mostly includes killing newborn infants and pregnant mothers. And sexually seducing men.

Lilith, if I recall correctly, is connected with a Sumerian goddess (Inanna, I think), because they share some symbolism, and they're both connected with sex.

Anyhow, Lilith is not the queen of fairies. Fairies are not a part of Jewish folklore or myth. It'd be like saying Durga is the goddess of creation in Greek myth. lol.