View Single Post
Old 26-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
That's a great answer!

I understand what you are saying. I think I will have some difficulty communicating with you because of how you use or define the word consciousness. For me, for a long time, I've used that word to refer to my true self, what I am, what is aware. In fact, I see awareness as an aspect of conscious energy. Like how the human body can see, or can hear, I would say a consciousness can be aware, or can identify with the human mind.

I think basically you use the word awareness where I use the word consciousness. Also you use the word consciousness to describe an "awareness" that is identified with the human mind. So yea lol, some difficulties in communicating but I get the meanings behind the words we have been conditioned to use to refer to things in different ways.

It would be hard for me to refer to the real self as only awareness because of the complexities of my belief system. I like to think about how things work so I need more parts in my model. Part of my conditioning is from college classes I took in religion and philosophy where I think historically, philosophers referred to the true self as "consciousness" or as the "soul" in some cases and not awareness. Part of the philosophical idea being a "consciousness" can be aware or not aware. An aware consciousness can choose to not identify with the false self and an unaware consciousness passively accepts the false self as the self. But yea all of this is only important if one wants to write about such things or be a philosopher.

'That's a great answer!'.....

To answer I need to think I try not to think unless I have to, I don't trust my thoughts so I prefer feelings.
Consciousness is the ' I am '
Awareness is 'Am ' that's how I feel at the moment but my feelings have plenty of flexibility