View Single Post
Old 25-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
IMO it's the relationship to the desire that causes suffering.

I once forced myself to not desire or want certain things, but since progressing on my journey I realised that it is perfectly fine to want or desire things, as long as I remain detached from them, not clinging to them and having an expectation as this is what caused suffering for me.

Remaining healthy with your wants, but have acceptance and detachment in all things allowing life to be as it is, not as I expect.
Recently I have found myself in a path to understand more deeply my mind with the hope that understanding it will bring it to a more still peaceful state. My belief is that still mind is pivotal in knowing God, Self, Light, etc.
So I'm watching, keeping a journal and creating for myself a Sadhana or practice to help me move forward.
I am noticing so much about my mind each day and one of the things that is helpful is to note that it is the relationship to the restless conditioned state of my kind that can be seen for what it is. Identifying with my condition. The mind has become my God rather than the tool that reflects my God.
Lately I've noticed from this practice that what I viewed as a me who loves life so much that he can't wait to get up in the morning, may really be the effect of a mind so restless and in need of peace that can't wait to feed it's wants. I find that it's almost immediately after feeding those wants that a condition of wanting more is created.
So for me as a start in overcoming this, I agree that the wants or desires are not the issue, the restless nature of the mind is. The mind itself is also not the issue, in fact within it lies the answer.
It's not about clinging to the wants and desires for me, it's about clinging to those wants and desires as them being mine.
I'm not sure how a mind so still and at peace relates to the good things in life that I enjoy so much but I do notice the fear in finding out so my approach going forward is not to deny or try to detach from these cravings or desires because that is just the mind playing games with the mind, my approach is to trust the process of understanding that comes from strengthening that relationship with Self or God. It is by grace that the condition my mind is in will change to its perfect condition of stillness and peace as it reflects life, God, Light and me as I truly am.
It is by this effort or Sadhana that this grace can find its way in.

Thanks for listening

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness