Thread: Lord Shiva
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 08:34 AM
Master
Namaste.

I managed to drag myself off to the local Indian grocery shop to get some ayurvedic supplies (Chyawanprash tastes awful) and while I was out, I noticed that there was a stall in the centre court of the local shopping mall selling gemstones...my mind, of course, was totally fixated on Lord Shiva (as it always is).

I looked around at all the various stones, charms and pendants on offer and nothing took my fancy whatsoever...I didn't want to adorn myself like a christmas tree with lapis, agate, amethyst or 'dream catcher' and 'tree of life' charms...

So, the stall keeper approached me with a "is there anything I can help you with?" and I sorta said rather nonplussed "I'm looking for a Shiva Lingam" with the tongue-in-cheek awareness that she'd probably give me a totally blank stare and say "a what now?"

That was not to be the case! With my words, she took out a sealed box from under the counter and inside were natural lingam pendants from the holy Narmada river!...yeah, all of my "ooohhhhhs" and "aahhhhs" followed, as I was lost in total lingam heaven.

I said she should put them out on display and she said "nobody really buys them"...and with that, I bought one...a wire snake coiling 3 and a half times around it sealed the deal.

So, I am looking like a "Shiva Christmas Tree" now. lol

Om Namah Shivay