View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I was wondering if you all here in the Buddhism circle would be so kind as to judge me. I'd like to see what your intuition says about me if anything. It could be good/bad, positive/negative all is welcome and will not meet with opposition.

I've come to understand what Buddhism is saying that it is about and the more I read, the more I feel I either don't agree or am just not ready for it as a practice.
Heck I don't even mind suffering, it's a part of life as is joy and happiness and desire and attachments.

So as a last effort to try and analyze myself I ask you to analyze me for me.

Thank you in advance
I believe there's a reason why you chose that signature I enjoy reading so much.

There is no judgment. It only produces conflict and guilt and I could say that only you can judge yourself, but even that is an illusion.

The reason why I am not a Buddhist is because it's a philosophy about overcoming negative emotions instead of embracing the positive ones and just existing how you are and if you are not happy with being how/what you are, you change that as you see fit.

If a religion or philosophy doesn't seem right for you and you find yourself at odds with it, move on. Suffering, attachments, joy and whatever are the result of karma anyway.

The only thing I can say is that maybe you are being too hard on yourself and looking for reinforcement of your own personal limitations.

Let go and just be.